Thursday, June 18, 2020

Chose to DARE, Willing to FALL and RISE again

I am 12yrs old, standing outside my house, watching a far off road circling a hillside. This hillside is surrounded by a mighty lake. In my view, if ever a vehicle slips off the road it would fall into the lake. This road had steep slopes, blind twists and turns to curl around the hills. The traffic on this road was normal, of two wheelers and trucks. My mother had warned me to never try that route. It always fascinated me to ride my bicycle through the slopes and experience the wind while watching the lake beside. 

It was 3pm, everyone at home was taking a nap post lunch and I took off on my bicycle. I CHOSE to DARE, and I reached the main road, a right turn, would lead me to the lake. A truck was approaching from the opposite direction. I let it go. And I turned right. It was a slope so was fun riding till a turn came, I saw a bike approaching from the other side, the speed of my bicycle was high for me to control and turn. I slipped and skid into the dry bushes on the hillside. I got bruises on my elbows and knees. Thankfully I did not break my bones. I said to myself, "I should not have tried, I have hurt myself". I slowly got up. Patted dust off my dress, and wood stings on my skin. I looked at the road ahead and said "shall I ride and see the lake view or go back home". Going back was not motivating me. I went ahead riding slowly, facing my fears at every inch closer to reach the turn circling the hill that I usually watched from my house. I stopped to look at the other side to see my house far off. And that was the winning moment. I could see the huge body of the lake spread around the road, water shining, calm, and deep. I could spot a few lotuses. I could see that there was a few feet of distance between the road and the lake, so not so dangerous to ride as I assumed. The pain in my body eased. I rode and reached the corner of the lake where some people where fishing. It was a beautiful sight to watch the lake and my house far off, a small miniature sized. I took a deep breath, looked around for other vehicles. Then turned my bicycle to slowly ride back home, enjoying the sun shining and wind breezing through my ears. 

I CHOSE  to dare, to venture into the unknown, facing my fears. Falling, hurting my self, then getting up, brushing the dust aside to continue to see victory. That day I learnt to conquer my fears. This has since been a pattern in my life. 

I joined engineering against my love for medicine. I joined a boarding school in a new city, embracing new culture and language. I married a man from a different geography and tribe. I ventured into a business I know nothing about.

I failed in my final year Engineering. In the boarding school I lost my top rank. I failed in my marriage and I miserably failed in my business.

Inspite of the failures I managed to work for a decade in a dream corporate job, IT profile. I survived 15 years of marriage to continue to live with my husband and three beautiful children. And become a successful Self-Published Author and Thought Leader. 

I ALWAYS CHOSE TO DARE, WILLING TO FALL AND TO RISE AGAIN TO SEE THE LIGHT. 

SUN SHINNING BRIGHT... IN MY EYES AND EXPERIENCE THE WIND BREEZING THROUGH MY EARS... 

LIKE A 12 YR OLD GIRL WINNING OVER HER FEARS

1 comment:

  1. You picked determination by daring to live life of self expression !!

    ReplyDelete