Monday, March 30, 2020

RESOLVING a Conflict or Upset in LIFE by kids who are Young People (8-12yrs)

I noticed my 10yr old daughter (Trisha) is upset, easily angry and confused on various occasions. My repeated reminders or instructions are not motivating her to be in action and complete the work as expected. Rather I find her irritated or resigned.

It's time for me to intrude and have a conversation to resolve her concerns.

I begin with asking her "what are your complaints with your parents and siblings, or peers and teachers?" Initially she denied that she had any complaints about anyone. When I insisted her to enquire she could share her upset with her brother and parents.

My 8yr old son (who completed Young People Landmark Forum in January 2020) was sitting beside me listening to this conversation.

He quickly got up took a pen and drew two circles on the wall. And wrote WHAT HAPPENED and STORY

I was amazed by the display on the wall and I continued to work with my daughter on what happened in the past and what are the stories she created. My son assisted to put the X marks in those circles appropriate on the wall.

She got that she is living in her stories and what happened is in the past and it is not happening now. She can choose to forgive and forget.

She is also Landmark Graduate. Completed the Young People Forum two years back.

Within minutes both brother and sister could resolve the differences. And she wrote on the wall 'don't make story'.

As a parent it was ONE conversation resolving conflict between kids and parents in no time. 

This is a demonstration of Landmark distinction my kids have taken on. The ease and grace to resolve any issue in relationship.

As ADULTS do you have this privilege, power or freedom? You want that!! Put yourself in the next Landmark Forum, in your city.

Landmark Education provides you tools and techniques to Live your Life with power, freedom, full self expression and peace of mind.

My son (Tanmay) registered in the Program to accomplish peace of mind. In the course he invented the possibilities of living his life being Smart and Confident.    And I can count on him.

RANJINI SANJAY

2 comments:

  1. Hi Ranjini,
    It is good to read your write up. Can you come up with an idea to start a group where people can discuss their day to day problems and can find some solutions. I am asking you because I know only you can do it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. OK dear I will do it. Can you suggest a platform where we can have this group so that it's easy to join and exit. Update and share.

      Delete