Monday, March 30, 2020

Converting a NO to a YES


My 8yr old son registered to the Landmark Forum for Young People January 17-19, 2020, held in Bangalore.

I was looking forward to his participation since he turned 8 in Sept 2019. To my surprise he said NO to Landmark Forum.

NEXT part of this post is my journey of converting his NO to a YES to the possibilities HE discovered for his life.

I considered myself a demonstration of the distinctions and a powerful leader of Landmark Education.

But here I am unable to enrol my son for the program. The possibilities I see for him does not inspire him. I m trying to fix him, make him wrong saying this is good for you. 

I give up my point of view, I give up my right to be right, I give up forcing an outcome.

I started to look at the areas where *lhe has a loss of power, freedom and self-expression. 

I invited him to consider he has an access to make a difference, be bold, be straight, fearless to demand. The resignation and cynicism made him say no to attend Introduction last 3 months. And I continued to give up what I know.

FINALLY He agreed to attend Introduction and create his participation.

I m moved by his commitment and love he has for relationships, with family, peers, teachers where I have always considered him selfish. 

The point is : Enrollment and registration conservations are not about you or what you know, it's how effective you are being straight with yourself and listen for others greatness.

No comments:

Post a Comment