Saturday, May 9, 2020

Essence of Communication is Intention



It’s dinner time and as usual my daughter and son are at the table, having dinner and getting into conversations which are the most crucial to be resolved at this time. They discuss world news, historic inventions, discoveries, facts and concerns. Focus moves from enjoying the food to proving a point.

In a moment, my patience breaks and the Bhadrakali (Goddess Devi) inside me comes out to perform. I would start shouting at them, to finish their meals and get off the table. I will throw all the toys, items spread on the floor into the basket, chanting the automatic recurring dialogues. This is not new for my kids, even the younger toddler is now tuned to these conditions. In my peak performance pressure I will usually throw them out of the house with their toys. But thanks to the current pandemic conditions my kids are relieved that I will not do so.

We go to bed as usual, story telling is complete. I would end up blaming myself for not being cool, with the kids, screwing up everybody’s happiness. My kids will move on, its business as usual it happens often. Next day morning I see this note written by Trisha on the fridge. In a second a smile breaks on my face and the stress I had about last night disappears.

My daughter recreated my communication yesterday and acknowledged me for who I am. Her communication through this note resolved and disappeared my concerns. 

This is the MAGIC of communication in the new paradigm, in the domain of integrity, responsibility and generosity.

Most of the times we are triggered by images, WhatsApp messages, views, expressions and we react. Failure to recreate communication, is a reaction. When we react, our communication is in the old paradigm ie morality domain. 

Experiencing stress, pressure, anger or anxiety. We also have barriers to communicate. Which stops us to express our views, feelings. It’s human to have BARRIERS and TRIGGERS in communication. 

As communication curriculum graduates we are trained to distinguish these barriers and triggers. And effectively deliver the intention of communication which is given by our commitment in the relationship. 

Essence of Communication is Intention. 

My daughter delivered her intention through that note, that she loves me no matter what I am. 

Power and MAGIC of communication is available for everyone to experience, by practicing recreation, find your trigger and barrier, and go beyond to deliver intention. 

Restoring Love and Affinity in any situation, for all relationships, that are important for you. 

https://www.amazon.com/author/ranjinisanjay

https://www.landmarkworldwide.com/advanced-programs/communication-programs

2 comments: